Andrea Barclay Counselling and Consulting
A Voice of the Child Report can be requested by the courts in a custody and access dispute. A Voice of the Child Report can also occur without a court order, providing all parties consent. The report completed by an assessor who has had an opportunity to communicate with the child in a custody dispute. The report is one tool used to assist the judge, mediator, and parents in making a determination of what is in the best interests of the child. The assessor would meet briefly with each parent and multiples times with the child. The views and preferences of the child/ren are collected and may include any worries, concerns and perceptions the child/ren may have. These views are presented in a report, along with some clinical impressions. This report while detailed not a full assessment and no recommendations are made in this model.
This is a retainer based model, and requires a signed retainer agreement. Please contact the office to request a Retainer Contract.
The following must be completed prior to the initial intake sessions:
1. Each party along with their counsel should complete and sign the Views and Preferences Contract.
2. In addition, counsel should provide their respective clients with an ILA certificate.
3. Each party should complete the Contact sheet provided and submit it to our office via fax or email
4. Andrea will request a brief, three-way conference call with counsel, to identify what documents if any they wish to provide as well as a quick overview of the issues.
5. The initial retainer payment to be provided. ( if there is a waitlist , this is only required at the time of service commencing).
Once all documents and retainers be provided the intake sessions with the parents will be scheduled, or placed on a wait list if necessary.