Andrea Barclay Counselling and Consulting
This service is a specialized therapeutic model that is focused on parent/child contact problems following or in the midst of a parental separation and divorce. Reunification Therapy is often court ordered, and the involvement of all family members is required. Multi-faceted family therapy for parent-child contact problems requires a therapist who has specialized training and considerable experience working with separation/divorce and court involved families. While the parents may disagree on the cause of the disconnect, the treatment goals are to improve and repair the relationship between parents and children. The therapy utilizes interventions consistent with cognitive behavioural and solution-focused therapies, and parent education is a large component of the work. Intensive therapy day interventions may be incorporated as well into the therapy interventions. A final or interim parenting plan, or parenting schedule should be in place prior to this therapy commencing, and the therapist can assist with the implementation of the schedule if needed.
This is a retainer based model, and requires a signed retainer agreement. Please contact the office to request a Retainer Contract.
The following must be completed prior to the initial intake sessions:
1. Each party along with their counsel should complete and sign the Family Treatment Contract.
2. In addition, counsel should provide their respective clients with an ILA certificate.
3. Each party should complete the Contact sheet provided and submit it to our office via fax or ema
4. Andrea will request a brief, three-way conference call with counsel, to identify what documents if any they wish to provide as well as a quick overview of the issues.
5. The initial retainer payment to be provided. ( if there is a waitlist , this is only required at the time of service commencing).
Once all documents and retainers be provided the intake sessions with the parents will be scheduled, or placed on a wait list if necessary.